Thursday, April 17, 2014

Style Post: Thrifted Riding Pants.


"We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained. –Marie Curie

Last week I took a trip to the Goodwill and found some awesome new pieces to add to my wardrobe. My favorite item would be these high waisted riding pants. They have a great thickness to them and look brand new. Plus I love the unusual green color. American Apparel  has riding pants very similar to these, but they cost $74, and these were only $4. I'd call that a win.

That's why regardless of how much money I have in the bank, I will always shop at thrift stores. Because if you know what you're doing, you can walk out of there with gems at a fraction of what it runs you in stores. Great style doesn't have to be expensive. You just have to recognize when you find something worth buying, and mix and match it with modern pieces in your wardrobe to create one cohesive look.

The blazer I'm wearing is also thrifted (with a little DIY spray-painted message on the back), the crop top is from Rue 21, the shoes are Nine West, and my purse is from H&M. Clink the link below for more pics :)









No comments:

Post a Comment