Thursday, April 17, 2014

Solange's Japanese-Inspired Shoot for The Ground Magazine.

Photog: Seiji Fujimori
Styled by Nick Nelson, Solange is giving major Japanese glam in The Ground magazine's Issue #4. In the issue, she talks about her music journey, fashion, natural hair, and inspiring others. She says:
“It’s interesting that genres even still exist. How do you define pop or indie or R&B when the Internet gives us exposure to so much these days? I don’t see the point of trying, but it’s exciting to experience the beautiful evolution of music and I’m honored to be part of it,” Knowles reflects. “Even as a young girl, I listened to so much. I went through an angsty Alanis Morissette phase, and then I had an electronic phase, [and] then my Rasta phase. I would listen to Houston rappers like Kiki and Big Moe at the same time as Björk. I’d get teased at school but it’s great … that sort of thing isn’t questioned anymore.”
I can definitely relate! Head over to thegroundmag.com for the full interview, and check more pics from the shoot below.






No comments:

Post a Comment