Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Why I Went MIA.




You may have noticed my last post was a good 2 months ago. There are a couple of reasons for that. First of all, I was in the final stretch of tedious ass, out of my mind ass wedding planning, which all ended on October 5, when I became Mrs. Ikpe. It was a beautiful day in St. Louis, and we were surrounded by amazing friends and family. Weddings are mad stressful, but it's all worth it in the end. Oh, and I'll be sure to make a wedding post as soon as I get the photographer's pictures.




Secondly, after everything that happened in Ferguson with the murder of Mike Brown, I just could not bring myself to bother with fashion blogging. It seemed so irrelevant compared to the continuous murder of black men and disregard for black women and children all across America. Not to mention the denial of prejudice and racism by such a critical segment of the population and a corrupt, biased police force and judicial system. I felt like my time would be better served getting ready for this fight for justice. So that's what I did. I buried my time in anything that focused on Ferguson, black rights, and bettering the community. And my husband and I organized a small march for justice here in Charlottesville, Va. It was the first step in a long journey for justice for all, but we're committed to the movement.

I'll continue to focus on uplifting the black community, my art, education, and blogging...pretty much in that order. Everything has it's time and place, and fashion blogging just had to take a back seat. BUT you can expect to see more posts in the near future. I'm back. :)

Peace out,
Leslie Anne

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I totally understand why u cudnt even think of d blog wit what happened. Well done with what u and d hubs did! That change will def come. Maybe not in our generation, but it has to.
    Aaannnd congrats on the wedding! U looked so gorgeous. Cant wait to c ur wedding pics!
    www.folasoasis.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww congrats dear. Wishing you the best in your marriage. Can't wait to see more pics. Your fight for justice is very brave.
    Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete