Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Style Post: Sixties Mod.

"If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal". -John Lennon
I found this adorable black and white Mod style dress at a thrift store in Virginia. It's straight out of the sixties with the big polka dots, simple contrasting colors, knee length detail, and the way it hangs loosely. For a modern update, I added a belt and pulled the dress up and over the belt to make it shorter and give definition to the waist. Definitely one of my favorite new dresses.

What's your favorite thing to shop for at thrift stores?  Mine would be vintage dresses and mom jeans (which eventually turn into high waist shorts and distressed boyfriend jeans, lol.) Anyway, click the link below for the full post.

Peace.









8 comments:

  1. Pretty dress. I am always looking for vintage dresses and graphic t-shirts at the thrift stores.
    Stylediarybyosy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I always find the most interesting T's.

      Delete
  2. The dress looks stunning on u and the shoes goes great with this pretty dress of urs...Well I never shopped at the thrift stores before but may be my attention will go to vintage pieces
    Xx
    www.trendy-twist.com
    Now I'm following u via Bloglovin as well
    keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Vintage pieces are always what I gravitate towards, especially when they're still in great condition. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete