Monday, April 28, 2014

Style Post: Future Black Belt.

T-shirt: Thrift store DIY / Skirt: F21 / Jellies: Go Jane / Purse: MMS
"We cannot think of being acceptable to others until we have first proven acceptable to ourselves" -Malcolm X
Preach, Brother Malcolm. I wrote this whole little spiel about black people and how we need to start unifying and holding each other accountable for the desperate state of things in our communities, and then I remembered...this is a fashion blog. (I'll leave that to my Twitter account.)

So let's talk fashion. This is one of those outfits I'd piece together when going to a music event like a festival or concert, anything late night, or if I'm running around in the city. This was a full length t-shirt until I cut it into a crop top. With the crop top trend still going strong, I suggest you head to the thrift store, find an interesting graphic tee in the women or kids section, and cut it to your liking. It's a cheap and easy way to get a unique crop top. Additionally, yal aren't going to be able to stop me from wearing these jellies this spring and summer. I have a black and nude pair and I'm prepared to wear them with pretty much everything I own...at any given moment. #itsjellyseason

If you have any questions or comments about what I'm wearing or need any styling tips, please drop me a comment below!

Peace.







9 comments:

  1. Niiice. I diy'ed a few t-shirts recently too-into crop tops. Did u shapen ur fro? I like the oval look (high on top and low at the nape area). Mine is more like a circle lol
    www.folasoasis.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an easy DIY to transition into warm weather! And no, I actually haven't cut it since my big chop. It appears to change shape all the time though, but it's mostly even all around.

      Delete
  2. Love leopard print. You look really lovely.
    Ps. Your hair's super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love leopard print too! It always seems to be a part of my wardrobe, and for that, I am not mad :) And thanks!

      Delete
  3. This is an awesome look for a music festival, comfortable yet edgy and chic! I love the leopard print skirt paired with that cropped graphic tee! And those shoes are an amazing way to top off the entire outfit :)

    xx Debbie

    www.whatdoffydoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your leopard print skirt. I can't get enough of leopard print. Let's follow each other? I'm now following you via Google + Bloglovin' :) xx
    http://louiseabenamensah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise. Leopard print is also a fave of mine. I followed you on bloglovin as well! See you around. :)

      Delete
  5. I love the print skirt

    Do u mind following
    http://www.icelawblog.com/2014/04/damiano-chiappini.html?m=1

    http://facebook.com/icelawblog

    ReplyDelete