Monday, June 30, 2014

How to Style: Short Bodycon Dress

Dress: Foerver 21 / Wrap: Unknown / Shoes: Nine West 
The kind of beauty I want most is the hard-to-get kind that comes from within - strength, courage, dignity. -Ruby Dee

 Happy Monday!

This outfit is definitely channeling Mother Africa. It's a fun, summertime outfit for the beach, a funky festival, or any type of eclectic crowd. To me, short bodycon dresses can sometimes come off like you're two seconds from going to the club, especially if you're wearing heels. So I decided to throw this wrap I bought while on vacation in Antigua around my waist, paying special attention to position the opening right at the top of my thigh to show a little leg....cuz I'm fancy like that.  


You could easily tie a shorter piece of fabric around your waist and get an alternative look with the same feel. The overall look was what I wanted, with the turban and wrap complementing each other in an Afrocentric way.

Peace.








2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! The wrap gives it a completely diferent look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. :) Yea it completely transforms the outfit

      Delete